If you’re considering buying or selling your home in the New Year around Western Springs Illinois, start planning now!
Nancy Miller has some holiday plans that bring you real estate success in 2018. Baby steps:
- Peace of mind – processing your to-do list little by little over the next couple months will not only save you time later, but can also provide confidence that you are taking steps toward selling your house and getting ready for your new home.
- Moving personal items out of the way to make room for holiday decorations out? Consider boxing those personal items for moving day. Decluttering now not only saves you hours of work when it’s time to sell, but will also make your holiday decorations stand out more this season.
- Take advantage of sales – sales are not limited to holiday gifts. It’s commonplace for handymen, especially heating and air conditioning companies, to offer seasonal sales on home maintenance items since most people delay work around the home during the holiday season. If you have a repair that needs addressing, now’s the time to schedule that service.
- Start looking now. Whether you are upsizing, downsizing, or simply relocating to a town outside of Western Springs, IL, this is a fantastic time of year to be looking! Why? First, warmer months are most common for busy selling, however, right now you get to see how a home fairs in cold weather – an advantage warm weather buyers don’t get. Second, home sellers who are on the real estate market during the holidays truly need to sell, but there’s fewer buyers out there. Fewer home buyers means less competition for you.
- Enjoy the Holidays! If you are making a move in the New Year, knowing that allows you to appreciate and hold onto the memories that are bound to be made this holiday season. Take time to slow down and cherish those moments as you celebrate one last time in your current home.
As an advocate for healthy living, Nancy Miller offers some tips for healthy holiday eating.
- We all know the holiday season can get chaotic at times. Take some time now to plan and assemble some quick, healthy meals so that when the going gets tough, you can go to your refrigerator and reheat a meal you won’t regret.
- Rather than trying to “behave” and completely cut out your favorite high-calorie holiday dishes, load your plate with fruits and vegetables first. Then take a small portion of each of those favorites with your remaining plate “real estate” in order to still enjoy a “taste”.
- Don’t attend a cocktail party on an empty stomach. Hors d’oeuvres are commonplace at holiday parties, which can quickly lead to overeating and overdrinking. Curb these calories – try to drink one glass of water before each glass of an alcoholic beverage.
- Build activity time around non-food events such as ice skating, tubing, skiing, renting a holiday movie, serving in your local homeless shelter, or singing carols.
- Continue your regular exercise program right through the holidays. Perhaps taking advantage of the great indoors at Western Springs Recreation Department. Wherever you find your exercise, it’s the key to maintaining good health and keeping holiday stress.
Whether planning to keep holiday eating in check or preparing to sell your home in the Spring Real Estate Market, it’s best to have a plan. If you are considering making a move in 2018, and are ready to get started laying the groundwork, contact Nancy Miller for all of your real estate needs. Nancy Miller of Coldwell Banker guides Western Springs and area residents toward their real estate goals with ease.